• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

FYI - Radio Shack / Realistic Electrostat tweeters on Ebay

BruceRPA

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I stumbled on the following listing on Ebay in an obscure place and since I have seen various posts about the Radio Shack / Realistic Electrostat speakers, I thought that others might want to see the listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Realistic-Rad...726651112QQcategoryZ50597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
If I remember correctly, these may be out of the Electrostat 2A speakers, but I could be wrong. I posted this in the speaker forum because it is intended more as informational than anything else but if moderators want to move it, please do so.
 
Register to hide this ad
I placed a bid and have been watching. I'd like to make soem desktop monitors with these arranged as a small line array. They pop up as complete speakers semi often, but the only worthwhile item is the tweeters, so this is perfect.
 
It's hard to tell in the auction photo, but are those single-ended 'stats? Not push-pull?
 
I have 2 pair of those 2a's. You're right dnewma04 the only saving grace is the tweets. The woofer overpowers the stats and the 2a's basically sound terrible. I only paid $30 for all 4 so I'm thinking I may disassemble them and make 2 stat arrays out of all 4 one of these rainy days. Any ideas on the stat array or other use for them are welcome.
 
Back
Top Bottom