• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

G 7500 with 4 ohm speakers?

dhough

New Member
Hi all,
I have an oportunity to pick up a Sansui G 7500 pretty cheap. I was wondering if it would handle 4 ohm speakers(specifially Cerwin Vega D-7's). I downloaded a pdf file of the owners manual and while it doesn't specifically say not to use 4 Ohm speakers the power rating is into 8 ohms only. Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
If the amplifier section is adjusted and working properly It will run one pair of 4 ohm speakers, no problem. Just check to see if the heat sink is getting hot at low volume. If it is, the amp needs to be serviced.

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom