• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

G-9000 Outputs - Any Reputable Sources / Suppliers?

MAXZ28

Addicted Member
I've gotten sort of burnt out on my speaker shenanigans as of late so I decided to work on a couple of DOA Big G receivers I have laying around.

DOA #1 G-9000.

Symptoms - No power, no sound, nada. Does nothing when you flip the power switch.

Tested all fuses. Fuses all good.

Isolated to 3.9 ohm soft start resistor...replaced. Powers up on dim bulb - stays in protection.

Pull the F-2806 pre-driver boards [ will inspect them later ] and all output transistors from circuit. Powers up on dim bulb - comes out of protection. :banana:

recentpictures005.jpg


Test output transistors -all good except one Sanken 2SA909 and one Sanken 2SC1586 on the right channel. I don't know if I'll be able to find originals but B&D seems to have some 2SC1586's in stock, but no 2SA909's only a sub- MJ15023G's. Same story from electronix.com - no 2SA909's.

Now before I get overzealous and order these, does anyone have recommendations where I should purchase these outputs or their suitable substitutes? :scratch2:

Thanks in advance! :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Onsemi...mouser,newark or digikey
MJ21193G/94G as earlier stated.
 
Thanks englissa and avionic! That's the reason I asked. Outside of a few pair of STK0050's for some SX-780's, I've never ordered any components as a repair novice. Recommendations was what I was looking for.

'Appreciate the link, Dave. :thmbsp:
 
MAXZ28 are you going to replace just the bad components ? It would be best if you replaced all the outputs with the new MJ21193G/94G so to keep everything even. Outher may chime in for the teck reasons
englissa
 
I plan to replace all eight output transistors. Once I get the unit functional, I plan to recap the entire unit.
 
DOA #1 G-9000.

Symptoms - No power, no sound, nada. Does nothing when you flip the power switch.

Tested all fuses. Fuses all good.

Isolated to 3.9K ohm soft start resistor...replaced. Powers up on dim bulb - stays in protection.

Excuse me, but I believe the soft start resistor is 3.9 ohms 15Watts, and not 3.9K ohms.
If this was a not a typo, this could explain some of the problems you had.
 
Back
Top Bottom