• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

G-9000DB...New # for data base (pic inside)

Rex Everything

are you Shpongled?
Subscriber
Have a new to me Sansui G-9000DB with an absolutely stunning custom veneered mahogany case. This unit has been serviced by EW.

This unit sounds incredible paired w/ my Altec Valencias.

This pic does not do this big G justice

db.jpg


Rex Everything Sansui G-9000DB # 819010234

BTW This unit may be in the data base already under Gamalot as I boughtr it from him. What is the protocol w/ this?
 
Register to hide this ad
Rex Everything said:
Have a new to me Sansui G-9000DB with an absolutely stunning custom veneered mahogany case. This unit has been serviced by EW.

This unit sounds incredible paired w/ my Altec Valencias.

This pic does not do this big G justice

............................

TRULY a beautiful receiver.
ENJOY! :thmbsp:
 
Rex Everything said:
BTW This unit may be in the data base already under Gamalot as I boughtr it from him. What is the protocol w/ this?
The protocol is it's not allowed. Now ship me that gorgeous case to me. Congratulations and welcome to the Big G club.
 
Duffinator said:
The protocol is it's not allowed. Now ship me that gorgeous case to me. Congratulations and welcome to the Big G club.


Nope.:nono: Case stays here:smoke: I need a few more of em:D .

I've been a big G member since I started this vintage thang w/ a G-8700DB but thanks for the welcome into the 9000 club.
 
Yes, This one is already in the data base.

I have to comment after reading your other thread about the bad deal on ebay with a bad G 9000 and seller.
Glad you are happy with this one but the similarities are astounding.

I bought this one on ebay over a year ago and it was listed as perfect working and cosmetics. I had it shipped directly to EW for check up and cleaning/adjustments.

Glenn found the bass knob was not original and the bass pot had been broke off and glued back together. Just exactly what is wrong with your other unit.

Finding a pot and knob for this was no easy task but member Hillman helped me out and EW got her singing pretty.

Since this purchase and subsequent repair me and Hillman have become best of friends and speak regularly with each other. He has a case just like the one you have and also shares our love of Altec speakers.

Small world and made smaller by AK.

Here is food for thought. I don't know if all the pots on the tone control board are the same. If they are, Hillman may have another from his parts unit that could help you out with your broken unit. I think it is a G 7000 and slightly different but Glenn was able to fit it in and it works perfectly.

Let me know or drop Hillman a PM if EW thinks it will work.

Gary
 
Back
Top Bottom