• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Gabris Amp from Italy- any experience?

TellMeWhy

Active Member
Hi! Does anyone know anything about these hand made Italian tube amps?
https://www.gabrisamp.it/
They seem to be new, good quality (from what I can see), reasonably priced...
But i'm no expert on tube stuff.
What do you guys think? There are New Vegas (3 channel incl phono, 35w AB push pull) available ex display on Amazon Germany for about $500. Normal new price about $1000
Too good to be true?
new vegas.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I've never heard of them before, but they look decent on the outside,and have a 5 year warranty.I wonder where the iron comes from...
I don't see a 120v version for the US.
 
Last edited:
I found this on the "Retailers" (Rivenditori) page:

BEWARE OF SCAMS AMAZON: We inform our clients that on AMAZON.IT marketplace there are fake sellers offering our products at half the price, and we specify that the only two accounts on which you can shop with confidence on AMAZON are Gabri's Amp and MAVECOM .

I believe this has come up before: The Amazon.IT products are Chinese knockoffs.
 
Yes the Amazon listings were indeed bogus. But still these amps at full retail look very good. Would be interested to see some review...
 
It's hard to see how they're actually making any money selling that amp for $1000.00, with making the transformers themselves. That's a tremendous amount of labor, at Western labor prices.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Back
Top Bottom