• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Garage door cable comes off problems.

Garage door cable came off and I can't figure out why it comes off , it all aligns up good, was I ever mad:mad::rant:, had so many things to do , I spent two hours trying to get the cable to go on the pulley again. I had to use two big pipe wrenches and turn that heavy spring loaded shaft and get it turned back enough, so that the cable can go back on the pulley again.
I don't put the garage door all the way up to the top,because the cable on the left side will come off again, so I use a vise grip, to keep it from going all the way up, of course the vise grip popped off,and the door went all the way up and the cable came off.
Everything lines up and I just can't figure why it comes off, what would cause that.

Be careful you don't get hurt first of all! You may need a new torsion spring or the cables may need adjusting. I would call someone who specializes in Garage door repair in your area. You can try Garaga Inc.
 
Be careful you don't get hurt first of all! You may need a new torsion spring or the cables may need adjusting. I would call someone who specializes in Garage door repair in your area. You can try Garaga Inc.

Stop it. This thread is two years old.:scratch2:
 
Hello. I want to cut down my (two) garage doors by about 100 to 200 mm each to allow for some other work. The main problem I see is that I cannot replace the fiberglass-looking strip on the edge of the door. They are fixed with a copper staple & I cannot seem to work out a way of reusing the staples or using another fixing system. I would love some advice or even if someone has actually done it before.
 
Hello. I want to cut down my (two) garage doors by about 100 to 200 mm each to allow for some other work. The main problem I see is that I cannot replace the fiberglass-looking garage door replacement Portsmouth strip on the edge of the door. They are fixed with a copper staple & I cannot seem to work out a way of reusing the staples or using another fixing system. I would love some advice or even if someone has actually done it before.
no response.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom