• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Garage Sale 500c

Here are photos of my rebuild with the SDS board. http://web.me.com/johnhuber/Site_2/Re-Build.html

If you look closely at the photos with the SDS board, you will see how I mounted the board stand offs. Right by the transformer bolts, there is a row of air holes. I found 2 that lined up perfectly, and enlarged them slightly. Using a longer screw, and a few nylon spacers I got the stand offs to mount in the perfect location. I then place the board on, and secure with 2 nylon nuts. Mounting it here only moves it over about 1/4 inch, but on the 800c there are a few extra parts in this area and it's extra tight.
 
Last edited:
There are a few on here that might have a donor knob. The brights themselves are available on ebay. I think the guy is tfsony. Don, myself and several others have used this board, so we can help when you get stuck. I got most caps for my project from McShane, and the SDS from triode. I also used hexfreds with my board, some guy recommended I try them.
Have fun, John
 
ummm....


WOW

Awesome score. and you'll like that 'Spectrum' LP.. Billy Cobham!

eBay that 'Thriller' now while people are still stupid!!!
 
eBay that 'Thriller' now while people are still stupid!!!

heh... well I'm giving it a "test listen" right now, then I'll photograph it and get it up there.

I didn't know Paul McCartney was on Thriller?

And yes, I love Billy Cobham, I have several!
 
Back
Top Bottom