• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Garage System Heating Up

cp2buy

Super Member
Ok! This thread is not about a SS unit getting hot but whether my system is causisng a thermoelectric phenomena. Sometime when the house get crowded I slip out to the garage to listen to my Pioneer QX-747 with Dynaco A-50 speaakers. Over the winter I have noticed that the garage seems to get much warmer regardless of the music type. The unit has been service and does not seem hot to the touch. I am wondering what is causing this mysterious effect? Could it be the dynaco's air movement causing the air molecules to heat up? How about the vibe of good music or is it just my imagination? I wonder if out AK's are getting the same effect? I guess I could go scientific and used a thermometor but I believe I need one of those ghost buster gadgets.
 
Register to hide this ad
Measure with a thermometer? (EDIT: I should read the whole post next time more carefully)

I don't think the Pioneer gets that warm. Not warm enough to heat a garage that's probably uninsulated and has a concrete floor.
 
Merrylander, There is no thermostat in the garage. I often wonder if the air movement of the "twin woofer" dynacos are the source.
 
Good "vibes" from the music?

Since you haven't pursued a more "scientific" method of taking the temperature
of the garage, perhaps it is the "good vibes" of the music is making your perception of the temperature is being affected in a good way (hearing good tunes on your vintage system is warming you up!):banana:

Mark T. :music:
 
Are you dancing your ass off to the music? That would make it seem warmer in there............
 
Music for many people can distract them from their physical senses. Bear in mind that many joggers tote along a portable with headphones, listening to program of the same cadence as their pace to help them ignore the effects of lactic acid buildup in the musculature.

Conversely you could try a session of vigorous toe-tapping while reading Hemingway prose rather than having a tune in your head....

I, personally would have a better time with Steely Dan's Bodhisattva than reading For Whom the Bell Tolls....
 
It has dawn on me that there could be metaphysical properties that may account for the phenomenon. While I have considered the following: 1. The Dynaco A-50 produce some of the nicest bass of my speaker collection. 2. The QX-747 has the nicest musical seperation with 2 channel operation. (Even beating my Echowar restore SA 9800) While I often play my garage system a little louder than my den system, my conclusion is that it must be the endorphins kickin in. Never the less I do enjoy my garage system.
 
Back
Top Bottom