• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Garrard 40b turntable

Quadguy

New Member
Hi All,

I just picked up a Garrard 40b turntable at a local thrift shop for 8 bucks. For that amount, I could not pass it up. Can anyone tell me more about this model from Garrard? There was not much info online. Was it worth the 8 bucks?

I'm also new to this site and I'm glad I found it!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi All,

I just picked up a Garrard 40b turntable ... Can anyone tell me more about this model from Garrard? Was it worth the 8 bucks?
Welcome to AudioKarma.

Yes, it is worth $8. The Garrard 40B was the near bottom of the line Garrard turntable in the late sixties early seventies. It would make a good inexpensive record player for playing 78 rpm records. Almost or all the Garrard models of this era will need to be cleaned and lubed before they will work as they should. The grease hardens with age.
 
Thanks guys, your input was really helpful. I never owed a Garrard so I wanted to know where the 40B stood. Even if its the bottom of the line, its still a Garrard and it did not really cost much to get it. I will definitely clean, lube and keep this little turntable part of my collection.

Thanks again and looking forward to more great discussions on things we love!!
 
Back
Top Bottom