• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Garrard AT60 Turntable Needle

Paul-Fisher

New Member
Hello,

I have a Garrard AT60 Turntable and need a new needle. I discovered that an attachment comes off the arm, but can’t seem to find a replacement on the internet.

many ideas where I can get one?
 

Attachments

  • 5639DE09-0187-4C0A-B2E5-E2E4B127B107.jpeg
    5639DE09-0187-4C0A-B2E5-E2E4B127B107.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
  • C39AFCD2-FEF1-41E9-87CA-A01FDC42A8DD.jpeg
    C39AFCD2-FEF1-41E9-87CA-A01FDC42A8DD.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 24
Register to hide this ad
You’ll need to identify what cartridge the needle is for. I can’t make it out, but maybe more light on it would reveal what it is.

That screw on top of the headshell is how the cartridge is attached, so removing it might be necessary to ID the cart.

Once you know the cart type it gets easier. I usually get needles from Gary at Voice of Music Audio Enthusiasts but there are many other sources. Let us know what you find it to be.
 
Hi, I took the screw off the head shell, looks like it is a 519CH model.

Any ideas where I can get one?
 

Attachments

  • 11237452-5172-4DC1-A2AD-E32ADD92C46B.jpeg
    11237452-5172-4DC1-A2AD-E32ADD92C46B.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 18
  • FFFD2765-0D9B-4FBD-BFAF-6F427E2C81A2.jpeg
    FFFD2765-0D9B-4FBD-BFAF-6F427E2C81A2.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 20
I can't find any info at all on that stylus. I think you are better off getting a new cartridge. The Sumiko Pearl is very good.
 
It looks like the cartridge needs to have wires that connect to the needle. I’m not showing sumiko pearl having that model.
 
Question, what is the turntable hooked up to? Ceramic cartridges like the one you have need to be connected to an amp/receiver with a ceramic phono stage to sound right. Modern amps/receiver's phono stages are for moving magnet cartridges, not ceramic (like you have).

If you are connecting to a modern setup then you may be better off with a new moving magnet cartridge. If you are connecting into an old console or tube amp or early solid state with a ceramic phono input you are fine with just a new needle for your cartridge. Just a thought.
 
Back
Top Bottom