• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Garrard ZERO

pirca

Member
In the '70s I allways see the Garrard ZERO in the Hi-Fi stores. It costs so much for me in those days :tears: and, I buy a DUAL 1211 turntable.
Now, near 40 years from this, I see many in EBay.
Anybody can say anything about the Garrard ZERO.
Was good in his time?
Is good now?
Now, I have Three turntables, A Garrard Model 210 that I buy New in 1959, A New Sherwood PM 9805 that I receive as a Gift in 2008 and, a "Near mint" JVC L-E5 that I buy in this january.
But... always I think in a ZERO.:scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
The one I had was frozen up.

Gave it to a friend that's gonna rebuild it and use it occasionally.

I got the impression that they were not built all that well, and the arm mechanism felt quite loose, along with flimsy.

Certainly a cool concept, tho.
 
I've always liked the look and especially the innovative design ideas.
However, the consensus is that the innovative ideas were all poorly executed giving a disappointing end result.
 
Back
Top Bottom