• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

GE EL34 Great Britain

thomo57

Super Member
I was at a garage sale this morning. The guy had boxes of tubes, most were loose but quite a few were still in boxes.
Having recently scored a tube amp I was looking for ones that I knew and could use.
I was after a 5AR4 which I didn't find.
I found a 12ax7 and a 6gw8.

I also grabbed 4 GE EL34's, Made in Great Britain still in boxes as that number rung a bell for me.

I have had a quick look on the net for information but thought I would post on here for information.
They have black bases 6CA7 / EL34 with Gt Britain printed underneath, Xf4 and B9B2.

Are these Mullards and are they any good.
They cost me $2 each.

I think I should have made an offer for the lot in hindsight but I don't know enough about what is useful and what isn't.
Might go back in the morning to see if he still has them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
Yep, definitely Mullard. Later production (that's what the XF4 means), but still the good stuff.

Even if you didn't get a single other tube, that'd be "deal of the day" for me.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Yep should be Mullards, and I'd go back to get the lot if it's still there seeing what you DID get.
 
I was at a garage sale this morning. The guy had boxes of tubes, most were loose but quite a few were still in boxes.
Having recently scored a tube amp I was looking for ones that I knew and could use.
I was after a 5AR4 which I didn't find.
I found a 12ax7 and a 6gw8.

I also grabbed 4 GE EL34's, Made in Great Britain still in boxes as that number rung a bell for me.

I have had a quick look on the net for information but thought I would post on here for information.
They have black bases 6CA7 / EL34 with Gt Britain printed underneath, Xf4 and B9B2.

Are these Mullards and are they any good.
They cost me $2 each.

I think I should have made an offer for the lot in hindsight but I don't know enough about what is useful and what isn't.
Might go back in the morning to see if he still has them.

If he had those in his stash he obviously did at least some HiFi work. Id buy them all and sort them later if the price is right.
 
Back
Top Bottom