• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

geico commercial

hifijohn

Active Member
Its always interesting to see a stereo system on tv,this one is on a geico commercial
the speakers look like the famous jbl L100, I dont recognize the TT, it doesnt even look like it has cartridge in it.
whats below it dont know , it looks like some rack mount EQ from a recording studio.perhaps they couldnt find a home reciever.
 
Register to hide this ad
I saw the ad on TV last night.

They are most certainly JBL studio monitors and appear to be 4310s. Go to 0:18 and you can easily read the red JBL logo. :rockon:

ScreenHunter_175_Jun_05_17_43.jpg
 
Last edited:
Is the receiver/amp backwards? I thought it was an EQ, but it looks like cooling vents, with inputs/outputs on top, pause at 9sec.
 
This is a 4310 in the pic below:

Look very close.
The JBLs in the ad would appear to have two words next to the JBL Logo. The 4310 has two words next to the logo - Control Monitor. The 4311 and 4312 list the model number - then the two words (Control Monitor).
page03.jpg
 
Last edited:
The top unit is a BBE 382iSW and the EQ is a dbx 231s.
Im guessing who ever created this commercial knows little about home stereos, I dont think to many home systems would use those two pieces of equipment,its hard to believe they couldnt just find some receiver.but 99.9% of all the people looking at the commercial probably dont even see the stereo.
 
Most folks don't know Jack about stereo's. So many times I've seen stuff that would not work. I guess audio is our way of life but it goes little beyond that.
There isn't even an amp/recvr. or something to get sound. Using an equalizer shows the lack of intelligence.
 
It's kinda like that ad with the woman soldering a circuit board. On the wrong side. Holding the soldering iron by the hot part. We're the only ones who know. :dunno:
 
Back
Top Bottom