• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

General forum question

ablethevoice

boatanchors rule!
Hey! I started my first thread...

Anyway, now that I've been here for a few days and read a great many posts by all you great folk, I've noticed that some of you have avatars. Some of these avatars are animated. Now, I've tried to attach an avatar to my profile but I keep getting a message saying that I can't use animated avatars, yet I see some of you have animated avatars. Do I need to just be patient and "earn" the ability to use an animated GIF as an avatar or is there something I'm overlooking?
Please understand, I'm not complaining. Really, I'm just curious.:D
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Maybe your avatar's file is too big. There is not much headroom for avatars, animated or not. Try resizing and lower the resolution.
 
Hm. I hadn't thought of that. I'm a member of another forum also hosted by VB and I can use the gif I'd like to use here... over there. I realize that each admin can specify how large a file they will allow as attachments, gifs etc. while building the site so it's not inconceivable that a gif which works on forum "A" won't work on forum "B".
 
OOOOOOkayyyy...
I just did a search of the FAQ for "subscriber" and turned up nothing. What's the difference between a "member" and a "subscriber"?
 
This link will tell you everything you want to know about being a subscriber.

I think animated GIF's are allowed, especially with some being used. Someone will come along and answer that question for you. Hang on.

Terry
 
Yes, animated avatars are limited to subscribers only, and they *still* have to come in under the file size limit.

In the User Control panel, way down near the bottom in the left column under "Miscellaneous" is an item titled Paid Subscriptions. Click that and follow the instructions to become a subscriber.

If you see any in use by non-subscribers, they were grandfathered in when the subscriber program was put in place. If they are ever changed by the user, only static gifs can be used as replacements.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom