• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

George Wright WLA10 help needed

frperdurabo

AK Member
I just got my Wright WLA10 preamp out of storage. Does anyone know what tubes it uses? (IIRC correctly they're TV sweep tubes). George W. passed away a few years ago.

TIA

I added pics (12/10/12) - also, the internet wayback machine has a page for Wright's WLV10 - a similar gizmo with an included phono section. The tubes it uses are:

2 x 5963

4 x 6ER5/EC95

1 x 6EA7/6EM7

1 x 6X4

AFAICT the 6x4 is a rectifier, and has a 7 pin base; there is a single 7 tube socket on this pre, and it looks like wires from the power transformer go to it. The other sockets are 9 pin.
 

Attachments

  • Wright Top.jpg
    Wright Top.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Wright Bottom.jpg
    Wright Bottom.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I just got my Wright WLA10 preamp out of storage. Does anyone know what tubes it uses? (IIRC correctly they're TV sweep tubes).

I bet someone over at bottlehead.com would know. Worth a call or email for sure. I searched the BH forum and got zip.

jeff
 
Remember too that many sweep tubes are hard to come by. A lot of illegal CB linear amplifiers and some amateur radio gear used them and tended to be hard on them.
 
Back
Top Bottom