• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

GERRY CONWAY Passes Away

RT Fan

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Gerry Conway long time folk rock drummer for such groups as Pentangle, Cat Stevens, Fotheringay, Fairport Convention and Jethro Tull has passed away at 76 from complications of ALS. That has to be a terrible way to go for someone whose life and success came from tremendous coordination and rhythm. Just a brutal disease. I saw Gerry a bunch of times when he toured as the drummer for Richard Thompson as well as when he was in Fairport Convention after taking over the drummer’s chair from Dave Mattacks. I would say Gerry had “heavy hands” when he played and I mean that in a good way. @Mystic @pmsummer @BlindBoyGrnt Requiescat In Pace Mr. Conway may the bar in heaven always pour a nice pint of Wadsworth ale for you.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom