Hey there!
Planning on purchasing a setup from Schiit here pretty soon. This will include their Vidar, Saga +, and a Bifrost 2 DAC.
The Bifrost 2 has a newly developed Schiit USB port (I've read that its awesome but have not gotten to try it in person yet).
I use my PS4 for streaming movies and TV. Also Spotify is planning on releasing 'Spotify Hifi' soon on 'Spotify connect' devices. As of right now the Spotify app on the PS4 is GARBAGE and do not plan to use it. BUT if spotify releases hifi, and its compatible with my ps4, i'm definitely interested in using my ps4 to stream hi-res files.
I dont really game but when i do, i have no problem using headphones into the controller so this setup is just about movies, tv, and down the road, maybe spotify hifi.
I'm currently using the SPDIF optical out on my playstation - at first glance that seems to be the only audio-out. I feel like with the upgraded USB in the Bifrost 2, I'd be missing out if i just stuck with using the optical SPDIF.
I've read that you can hook up a soundcard to the USB port in the front of the playstation but I have no experience with this. I know i could also potentially get some sort of converter for SPDIF - USB.
Does anyone know what the best way is to get high quality sound out of their PS4 for these applications?
Thanks a ton in advance!
Planning on purchasing a setup from Schiit here pretty soon. This will include their Vidar, Saga +, and a Bifrost 2 DAC.
The Bifrost 2 has a newly developed Schiit USB port (I've read that its awesome but have not gotten to try it in person yet).
I use my PS4 for streaming movies and TV. Also Spotify is planning on releasing 'Spotify Hifi' soon on 'Spotify connect' devices. As of right now the Spotify app on the PS4 is GARBAGE and do not plan to use it. BUT if spotify releases hifi, and its compatible with my ps4, i'm definitely interested in using my ps4 to stream hi-res files.
I dont really game but when i do, i have no problem using headphones into the controller so this setup is just about movies, tv, and down the road, maybe spotify hifi.
I'm currently using the SPDIF optical out on my playstation - at first glance that seems to be the only audio-out. I feel like with the upgraded USB in the Bifrost 2, I'd be missing out if i just stuck with using the optical SPDIF.
I've read that you can hook up a soundcard to the USB port in the front of the playstation but I have no experience with this. I know i could also potentially get some sort of converter for SPDIF - USB.
Does anyone know what the best way is to get high quality sound out of their PS4 for these applications?
Thanks a ton in advance!