• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ghost in the Shell The City opening AI re-imaginated

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
The Ghost in the Shell in my opinion is the great cyberpunk anime that has ever been...period. The live action movie was a total insult to the fans of this series. There is a lot of animosity over these AI "covers" but I am thinking back to the beginnings of new age music and the analog synthesizers of that time c.1975. There was a lot of criticism that musicians were not playing. It was smoothed over and the term became "realized by....." This ended when Robert Moog put a keyboard on his synthesizer and it could actually be played like a musical instrument. In Japan there is a knock down drag out fight between the Anime studios, in the laided back Japanese style, over this.

The City Opening gives me a shiver every time I view it, Ghost City/Making of a Cyborg music by Kenji Kawai is a sonic headrush.

Here is original Anime.


Here is the AI cover.

 
Register to hide this ad
I don't think the AI cover can hold a candle to the original! Original has still got that extra mysterious touch, I think ...

(I thought that opening was a cover of "Pilentze Pee" by the Bulgarian State Television Female Choir, opening track of Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares (1990) ...? (linky))
 
Back
Top Bottom