• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Glenn Cornick Dead at 67

CarlV

Lunatic Member
By Daniel Kreps | August 30, 2014

Glenn Cornick, the original bassist for Jethro Tull, passed away August 29 at his home in Hilo, Hawaii. He was 67. Billboard reports that Cornick died of congestive heart failure and had been receiving hospice care recently. Cornick was a founding member of Jethro Tull, appearing on their first three albums before departing the group in 1970.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ull-bassist-dead-at-67-20140830#ixzz3BuK6nBMt


I never did see him with Tull but I did see him at Winterland with his Wild Turkey band, it was an awesome set especially for a 3rd billing band.

Carl
 
Register to hide this ad
Baruch dayan ha'emet.

As I recall, Hammond was bassist by the time I first saw JT ('72). These '60s-70s rock era catz are dying young. They lived a bit too hard, maybe?
 
Sad. I saw them at "Greens Playhouse" (long demolished) in Glasgow Scotland when they did "Thick as a brick" tour many moons ago. Still listen to them on vinyl regularly.
 
I got to meet him at a Tull convention about 10 years ago . Just a lovely man for sure and way too young . RIP Mr Cornick .
 
Back
Top Bottom