• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Good day for albums

HarryB

Active Member
I went to the thrifts and the music stores and came away with a few albums:
Outlaws-Playin' to win
Outlaws-Soldiers of fortune
Kool and the Gang-Celebrate(The only song I wanted was Celebration)
Jay Ferguson-Thunder Island-(1hit wonder)
Rare Earth-Ecology
Charlie Daniels-Nightrider
Pure Prairie League-Self titled first album
These cost me $16 total
The best for last:
QueenII
Queen-Shear Heart Attack
They had stupid high prices on them. I traded some albums I did not want and got them for $7.

I figured I came out pretty good

Harry
:D:banana:
 
Register to hide this ad
Nice score Harry!! How does that copy of Queen II sound? I just obtained my third copy and finally have one I can actually listen to (though it's not without flaw). Got it locally for $5. The other two had the "popcorn" disease (one was shipped from London :mad:) I have excellent copies of News Of The World and The Game, but I've yet to come across Sheer Heart Attack. Congrats on some great finds!
 
The record store wanted $9.99 for QueenII and $11.99 for Shear Heart Attack. I traded some albums I did mot want and got them both for $7.
I figured I came out pretty good.

Harry
 
Now I am only missing Queen's first album and my queen album collection will be complete.

Harry
 
The record store wanted $9.99 for QueenII and $11.99 for Shear Heart Attack.
Wow! That does seem rather outrageous. Out of curiosity what label are they on? They aren't the new pressings are they?

Now I am only missing Queen's first album and my queen album collection will be complete.

Harry
Ahh yes... Great King Rat, Mad The Swine, Keep Yourself Alive, My Fairy King... Don't come bragging to us when you locate this. You're likely to make a few grown men cry. :yes:
 
Jay Ferguson was a founding member of Spirit who had some commercial success and made a few very good records. I like the stuff they did after he left, as well. Randy California took a more psychedelic route (if that's possible)
Hope you enjoy your finds.
 
an update to the Queen Albuns:

I found Queen's first album on Eprey for $5+$4 shipping.I know$9 is kinda high but I have looked high and low for this album. I am sure I will go to the record store and find it in the $1bin in near mint shape.

Harry
 
Sheer Heart Attack is on Electra. ©1974
QueenII was also on Electra ©1974

Harry
Elektra pressings have always been good in my experience (as long as they were cared for). I thought they might have been the new Hollywood pressings, which are not good.

I always thought it odd that they managed to release both of these albums in the same year.

an update to the Queen Albuns:

I found Queen's first album on Eprey for $5+$4 shipping.I know$9 is kinda high but I have looked high and low for this album. I am sure I will go to the record store and find it in the $1bin in near mint shape.

Harry
You just had to rub it in didn't ya! :tears: :D $9 is a bit high for a used LP, but I for one would pay it for that album if it were in excellent shape. I hope it sounds good for ya! Congrats on completing your Queen collection! :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom