• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Good receiver match for ADS L570 loudspeakers?

rift

New Member
Hey all, looking for advice on what to match to my newly-acquired (and fantastic sounding) ADS L570 speakers. Most have said that Yamaha receivers are the best for ADS, but I was also thinking about the Pioneer SX line. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I currently have them hooked up to a Yamaha R-300, but I feel that the speakers would do a lot better with a bit more power. I was thinking specifically about the CR-2040, but they are a ways outside my pricerange. I found a decent deal on a Pioneer SX-880 (60 Watts per channel), and was wondering how that combination would be.

Thanks for the advice.
 
Register to hide this ad
Just a guess but would be shocked if they did not sound excellent with most vintage receivers and for that matter many higher end new ones. Was playing with a set a while back and hooked them up to tube amps and several other older receivers and all sounded great.
 
+1 on that.

I'm a well-known oddball on this topic, but I only feed my vintage ADS with a steady diet of Tandberg watts... :yes: :D

John
 
I have a set of L520s I am currently running on a Yamaha CR-800 (50 watts x 2) and the speakers are fabulous on that Yammie! Don't be fooled by the 50 watts on this unit...it weighs 31 lbs as opposed to less than 17 lbs for the CR-300 and has massive power reserves for a 50 watter!

I suspect if you move up to something like a Yamaha CR-1020, you'd be set.

Stay tuned because I plan to run them on my HK 730...soon!

But I do agree, that ADS should sound fine on 'any' good '70s receiver (around 40 (the HK 730 is only 40 but what a 40 x 2 that is!!)-50 watts x 2 or more!).

cnh2
 
Last edited:
Back in the day, my dealer had the ADS line powered by HK. My whole family bought systems from him.:yes:
 
Any good old school receiver/amp...

As others have said, a good receiver or amp from the 70s is probably best but other equipment will work as well. At the recent AK event in Clinton, MA, a guy was running ADS 470s on a Bryston amp with about 110wpc. It sounded great! I walked around and heard lot of fancier and bigger systems but the 470s sounded wonderful.

I run my various ADS speakers on Marantz 2252B or 2270 receivers or with a Phase Linear 400 with a Marantz 2230 as the preamp. You'll find that more power will give greater depth and presence but 40-50 old school WPC will do well at normal volumes.

Enjoy them! --Dan
 
We have one studio at the station with L570 speakers, we also love them. We power them with McIntosh 2105 and the Auditronics 210 console.
 
I'm likin my Sansui 2000X with some 710's,can't go wrong with the brands that have already been mentioned.
 
I've owned a pair of 570/2's for some years and quite honestly they've sounded pretty good with just about everything. I especialy liked them with my Sansui AU-7900 integrated and also the HH Scott 299 integrated amps. So those are a couple of choices, one SS and the other tubes.

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
Back
Top Bottom