• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Good seller alert!

ludwigman

"kick out the jams"
Don't be afraid to purchase anything from jjohnson :thmbsp:

I recently purchased a Pioneer PD-65 CD player from AK member jjohnson that was posted about a week ago. The player arrived today and when I hooked it up it wouldn't play. I emailed jjohnson with the problem and within 10 minutes we were talking on the phone. He offered my money back or to have it serviced. We decided to try to have it fixed and within 10 minutes he had put a partial refund for repairs back in my PayPal account.

The packaging was excellent and it was shipped in a timely matter. Communication was top notch.

I did some searching around my area and no one would touch the CD player. I went on AK to search lasers and stumbled upon a discussion concerning a PD-75. The discussion was about where to have it serviced and one member suggested a man named Stephen Sank. I gave Stephen a call and he answered. He spent about 10 minutes talking to me and he knew what was wrong immediately. He had a ton of knowledge about these players and the first thing he said is that the laser lens came off (very common in these units during shipping). He had me tip the player updside down and sure enough I heard something in there. He then gave me detailed instructions on how to re-attach the lense. I followed the instructions and it worked perfect :music: I sent the refund back to jjohnson and everything is fine. This was all resolved in a matter of one day.

I would buy something again from this member without hesitation.

I would also not hesitate sending something for repairs out to Stephen Sank. Talking Dog http://thuntek.net/~bk11/home.htm
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Don't be afraid to purchase anything from jjohnson :thmbsp:

I recently purchased a Pioneer PD-65 CD player from AK member jjohnson that was posted about a week ago. The player arrived today and when I hooked it up it wouldn't play. I emailed jjohnson with the problem and within 10 minutes we were talking on the phone. He offered my money back or to have it serviced. We decided to try to have it fixed and within 10 minutes he had put a partial refund for repairs back in my PayPal account.

The packaging was excellent and it was shipped in a timely matter. Communication was top notch.

I did some searching around my area and no one would touch the CD player. I went on AK to search lasers and stumbled upon a discussion concerning a PD-75. The discussion was about where to have it serviced and one member suggested a man named Stephen Sank. I gave Stephen a call and he answered. He spent about 10 minutes talking to me and he knew what was wrong immediately. He had a ton of knowledge about these players and the first thing he said is that the laser lense came off (very common in these units) during shipping. He had me tip the player updside down and sure enough I heard something in there. He then gave me detailed instructions on how to re-attach the lense. I followed the instructions and it worked perfect :music: I sent the refund back to jjohnson and everything is fine. This was all resolved in a matter of one day.

I would buy something again from this member without hesitation.

I would also not hesitate sending something for repairs out to Stephen Sank. Talking Dog http://thuntek.net/~bk11/home.htm


I know a Ludwig man in Ottawa county, MI.

Good to here about your deal. :thmbsp:


Steve
 
Very impressive outcome. I almost pulled the trigger on that deck several times before ludwigman saved me. I'm glad it's working all right. That's a beautiful piece of gear.
 
It's always good when transactions like this turns out good for both seller and buyer. Good job guys.
 
Thanks for the kind words Mike. To be perfectly fair, this was very much a two-sided transaction. When you hooked up the cd player and it didn't work properly, it would have been very easy to assume the worst. The easiest thing for you to do would to have been to ask for a refund and ship it back to me. Instead, you were willing to trust me to do the right thing. You were quite diligent in searching for the answer and you were willing to attempt the repair on your own.

The way I see it is good Karma all around. That is why I love it here and will renew my subscription the minute that it runs out.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Don't be afraid to purchase anything from jjohnson :thmbsp:

I recently purchased a Pioneer PD-65 CD player from AK member jjohnson that was posted about a week ago. The player arrived today and when I hooked it up it wouldn't play. I emailed jjohnson with the problem and within 10 minutes we were talking on the phone. He offered my money back or to have it serviced. We decided to try to have it fixed and within 10 minutes he had put a partial refund for repairs back in my PayPal account.

The packaging was excellent and it was shipped in a timely matter. Communication was top notch.

I did some searching around my area and no one would touch the CD player. I went on AK to search lasers and stumbled upon a discussion concerning a PD-75. The discussion was about where to have it serviced and one member suggested a man named Stephen Sank. I gave Stephen a call and he answered. He spent about 10 minutes talking to me and he knew what was wrong immediately. He had a ton of knowledge about these players and the first thing he said is that the laser lense came off (very common in these units during shipping). He had me tip the player updside down and sure enough I heard something in there. He then gave me detailed instructions on how to re-attach the lense. I followed the instructions and it worked perfect :music: I sent the refund back to jjohnson and everything is fine. This was all resolved in a matter of one day.

I would buy something again from this member without hesitation.

I would also not hesitate sending something for repairs out to Stephen Sank. Talking Dog http://thuntek.net/~bk11/home.htm
 
The way I see it is good Karma all around. That is why I love it here and will renew my subscription the minute that it runs out.

Karma rules.......I got my subscription to help the site and in hopes of finding a CD player. It only took a couple of days to find the PD-65. It sounds superb and was meant to be. :rockon::rockon:
 
Stephen Sank is an outstanding technician & audio equipment expert in many areas, including vintage Nakamichi decks. Not sure if he still handles them due to parts availability challenges but he was the go-to for a long time for many Nak owners, and often referred from the Nak mailing list.

John
 
Back
Top Bottom