• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Goodall Concert Jumbo cutaway!!!

JSeth

New Member
Hi, everyone! Excited to show off my "new" 2012 Goodall Concert Jumbo cutaway (CJC) that I received a few weeks ago...

It's in great shape, especially for an 8 year old guitar. Honduran rosewood back and sides, German spruce top, mahogany neck, curly maple binding... This is the guitar I plan on playing for the "duration" (I'm 69 now, maybe 15 or 20 years of playing left? Who knows! Les Paul and Stephane Grappelli are my heroes!!!).

I sold my smaller Goodall Grand Concert and my 41 year-old Mark Angus F-40, along with my '76 Gibson ES-175, to finance this baby. Turned out I basically swapped my Goodall for this one, but I'm happy to have the other guitars going to "good homes". Heck, I can only play one at a time, and now I have a great 6 string acoustic, a great 12 string acoustic (Mark Angus #58, 1983) and a great electric guitar ('75 Gibson ES-345). I figure that's everything I need, right there!

AxW4sugl.jpg

PjyvuCGl.jpg

3QVfi8Zl.jpg


I'm still in the "courtship" phase with the new Goodall... I've found that it takes a lot of playing and some time to actually understand how to get a guitar to make the sounds I want to hear... every guitar is different, once I get away from imposing my "style" on them and find out what they're really capable of producing...

I am THOROUGHLY chuffed, as the Brits would say!!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Congratulations! I handled a few Goodalls during my geetar trading years and they were pretty well built, decent tone and very playable. So ya like Lester Polsfuss and Grappelli? How about that geetar cat Grappelli ran with, who was it... oh yeah, the guy named Django?
 
Thanks, Mystic... I do happen to love the music of both Les Paul and Stephane/Django... but I was referring to them concerning their longevity as players... they both played (and very well) into their later 80's... the context was that I am GETTING OLDER!!! Ha! I can still play pretty well, but not as facile as I did 40 years ago, however...

I wonder how it will be to change strings on one of my guitars and think, "Well, that's the LAST time I'll be doing that..."!!! Not planning on experiencing that moment for many, many years...
 
Thanks, Mystic... I do happen to love the music of both Les Paul and Stephane/Django... but I was referring to them concerning their longevity as players... they both played (and very well) into their later 80's... the context was that I am GETTING OLDER!!! Ha! I can still play pretty well, but not as facile as I did 40 years ago, however...

I wonder how it will be to change strings on one of my guitars and think, "Well, that's the LAST time I'll be doing that..."!!! Not planning on experiencing that moment for many, many years...

In that case we'd best add this seemingly immortal player:

upload_2020-7-31_7-43-25.jpeg

An old joke re: Keef...

God: "Adam, this is Eve."
Adam: "Lord, who's that?"
God: "That's Keith. He was already here when I arrived."
 
Back
Top Bottom