• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Goodman’s of England Triaxiom 212 (not the c version) rubbing voice coil

angelaudio

Super Member
So I thought I scored a pair of good Goodman’s speakers but when I got home I plugged them in and heard a rubbing voice coil...crap.

I removed the driver from the cabinet and hear what sounds like sand shaking around inside the driver....crap.

I took the treble horn off it’s mount and pulled back a small felt surround and shook a bunch of crap out of it...looks like deteriorated cone material but I can’t be too sure. It’s not cylindrical in shape but the brittle pieces are made of paper...

So, does anyone know if there’s a fix for this? Or do I have, well...a pile of crap? 068A8F7A-ED1D-464B-A308-D4D0B8507D69.jpeg785B8509-3C15-4024-A885-2540A03D196E.jpegF25091BE-04AF-48F3-BB14-0A078A120B4F.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom