• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

goodman of england speakers

exactadave

New Member
i came across a pair of 12" three way speakers in acousti-craft cabinets from the late 50's or early 60's....i am looking for some information on the speakers......they are goodman of england 12" 100c....i can find no info on goggle or ebay or the ususal sources for oul audio stuff........thanks in advance for any info.........dave
 
Register to hide this ad
I've been wondering about a pair Goodman's myself. They've been on the Sacto CL for weeks with no takers. Haven't been able to find any info on them. They look like high quality speakers, but I just don't have room for any more speakers, and doubt I could resell them with no info.
 
They're junk, the 60s equivalent of white van speakers...



Now, where did you say you saw these?! :D

If they're Goodmans, grab 'em now and research later.
 
Goodmans never made junk...until recently.

Sounds like you may have a full-range Axiom there. Could you post a photo of the driver?
 
I run a pair of baby Goodmans in my kitchen set-up. Driven by a Marantz 2240. Work for me....

Let us know how your's work out...
 
i came across a pair of 12" three way speakers in acousti-craft cabinets from the late 50's or early 60's....i am looking for some information on the speakers......they are goodman of england 12" 100c....i can find no info on goggle or ebay or the ususal sources for oul audio stuff........thanks in advance for any info.........dave

What kind of information were you looking for?
 
they're ok though I don't think worth the crazy money people pay for them. Also the search term on eBay would be Goodmans not Goodman welcome to AK btw

goodmans0025mediumcf9.jpg
 
I had a pair of Goodman Maximus 7s (I think that was the model), big three-ways. I was using them with SS amplification and they sounded OK. I think tubes would've sounded better.

Sold them to some Asian guy who spoke no English and negotiated through his daughter. He paid me a heckuva lot more than I paid for them. I suspect they were going to be leaving the country shortly after the deal was complete.

If you're looking at old ones, grab them, I don't think you can go wrong. :thmbsp:
 
Ok, now this is what I've been looking for, a post about Goodmans/Lafayette speakers! I have a couple of the 15" versions shown on the Lafayette Catalog Mhardy posted . Only difference ( I think ) is my version has Alnico magnets. YEs they are very nice sounding speakers, makes my tube amps sound nice. I'd like to recap em, anyone ever tear into them and replace the caps? I'm sure they need it by now.
By the way, mine have red velvet like fabric near the center horn surround, very classy !
 
Exactadave,
Could you post some photos of the speakers and the cabinets?

i will post some pics after tomorrow.......they came in some decent acousti-craft cabinets.......they are 3 way....12" with small horn......state on back of speaker 30-20,000.........16 ohm..........triax...........they have a brilliance dial on the back of the cabinet.........as a lot of those did in the days......i listened to then.very carefully........thru the solid state mac.....mc 250 & c24......old fisher tuner and sounded real full to me.soft,not boomy...kinda short on top end . i will get you people some pics............my issue was do i keep and play (probably will) or clean up cabinets and sell........the 100c model was the big issue.......sounded like bottom of the line or starter driver.......but i think they made the numbers larger as the years progressed.......hell i dont know.........really aporeciative of the help and info..........dave
 
sorry for leaving in the middle of conversation.......i will get some pics posted and no i have not got to the caps in the crosovers........pardong the delay but personal stuff.......and i will try and figure out how to post pics.......thanks for all who have tried to help this newbee,,,,,,,,,dave
 
Hi,

I have just acquired a pair of Goodman’s of England 612c triaxiom.

Can anyone tell me about these speakers ? Worth ? Quality ?

What size amp I should use to run them

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • AE6850F7-F81F-4874-B6A7-44E43436E0DF.jpeg
    AE6850F7-F81F-4874-B6A7-44E43436E0DF.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom