• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Got a power switch working again, easy fix

kwayde

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I pulled this faulty switch so long ago I don't remember what it came out of and for one reason or another I hung onto it.

Stumbled on it the other day and got curious, thought I'd open it up to see what's going on inside. The plunger would not stay in, or latch when turning on.

Before I opened it up I worked the switch in out watching the small metal parts where the plunger goes into the body. Those two metal parts move around a bit and I noticed one has a small bend at it's end to form a stop. The other metal tab was on the outside of the stop. I put it back to the other side of the stop and the switch works great again.

Easy fix. Added a dab of glue to keep it there.

IMG_20260912_065306370_HDR.jpg
IMG_20260912_065056642.jpgIMG_20260912_065108515.jpgIMG_20260912_065118983.jpgIMG_20260912_065212422.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Nice save.
I never liked equipment with push button selector switches.
Marantz did this with a couple preamps and integrated amps. A row of push buttons all connected to a mechanical selector assy. Sometimes one of the metal parts would come out of alignment. It would be rattling around inside the long channel under other bits of the selector. I figured this happened from someone pushing them in and out too quickly.
Anytime your able to save one of those old push button power switches can save you a lot of time and headache trying to find a replacement that fits and will work. Especially those with added contacts. It's always worth trying to take them apart and repair them first.
 
Back
Top Bottom