• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Got a Rotel RA-311

Mattwizz3

Web-er-web user...
Hi. I just got a Rotel RA-311 off e-bay, one of the channels dont work though. It cost a little more than I wanted but still only cost $43(Australian). The seller said there was no attempt to repair it. I'm hoping its a fuse!

Heres a link to a brochure on it from Rotel's site:
http://www.rotel.com/content/manuals_archived/ra-311.pdf

It has 25Wpc, so a little above my other vintage stuff (Want to work my way up slowly) One quick question though, on that PDF it has written "Speaker 4 Channel Matrix for simulated 4 channel surround sound effect" What does this mean exactly? I'm guessing its not real quadraphonic.
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this Amp? Also, if anyone has a schematic for this it would be great!
 
Register to hide this ad
Ok, I got it today. Turns out it is just a blown fuse! Gonna have to test it out tomorrow and get a new fuse. Looks pretty nice and in excellent condition, not any scratches and all writing is on it. Inside its clean, but the wires to the speaker terminals are pathetic, so they will be changed over in time. Over all I'm very happy for $43!

I got some pics this is before I have even cleaned it, looks great as is!
RotelRA-311.jpg


RA-311Inside.jpg


RA-311Back.jpg


Cant wait to give it a listen.
 
I checked the DC offset, left channel was unstable going up and down between 41mV and 0 (Hung around 20mV most the time) and the right channel would go up and down between -5mV and +14mV. I figured that would be safe for my speakers. I played it a bit and the right channel was distorting quite a bit, sort of sounding like I was driving the speakers too hard, only I was listening at low levels!

Hmmmm... OK, I got a new fuse but where do I go from here? There are 4 pots on the board, you might see them in the picture above. Maby these are for setting bias or something?
 
I checked the DC offset, left channel was unstable going up and down between 41mV and 0 (Hung around 20mV most the time) and the right channel would go up and down between -5mV and +14mV. I figured that would be safe for my speakers. I played it a bit and the right channel was distorting quite a bit, sort of sounding like I was driving the speakers too hard, only I was listening at low levels!

Hmmmm... OK, I got a new fuse but where do I go from here? There are 4 pots on the board, you might see them in the picture above. Maby these are for setting bias or something?
Did you get this resolved?
 
Back
Top Bottom