• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Grainy photos

lissenup

Super Member
Why are the photos I insert always so grainy and poor quality. The photos I take are just fine but when uploaded to AK they look like photos taken with the first ever lo-res digital camera. This has just happened in the last year or so. Photos on my older postings looked perfect.
 
Register to hide this ad
Just guessing but they're probably large and the forum software downsizes them. I could be wrong! Try taking your images down to 2048 pixels on the longest dimension, standard sRGB jpeg format. If you have a slider for compression, set it about 95%, the higher quality end. Recent photos I've posted with those settings look decent.
 
Back
Top Bottom