• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Great DVD documentary for Vinyl Lovers

RobRoy

It's just stuff - but fun
I was in Sonic Boom in Ballard (neighborhood in Seattle) and found a great DVD for vinyl lovers. It's called "I Need That Record! The death (or possible survival) of the Independent Record Store." and is about the "demise of the independent record store. Yeah it's sad in a way, but very interesting if you enjoy documentaries. As a vinyl fan myself, I greatly enjoyed it.

I just checked Google for a picture and found something better. Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMoA9mXYedY
 
Register to hide this ad
Looks like a good video. Sad but true they are going and just like they say the record store was more then a place to buy records, It was a church for many.
 
Looks like a good video. Sad but true they are going and just like they say the record store was more then a place to buy records, It was a church for many.
The good news is that the survivors are seeing a bit of a resurgence. Somewhat related, the local "Hot Topics" stores dabbled in selling a few titles in vinyl. It appears it is becoming "trendy".
 
Back
Top Bottom