• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Great Mirage Deal in GA! (eBay)

Register to hide this ad
I am less than 2 hours away and seriously thought about it but just can't handle another pair of speakers right now.

I know, I know. What is this blasphemy?
 
relisted for the same price! i cannot believe no one grabbed a pair of big Mirages for $50.
 
Guessing those are in a different league than the 'i' series. I bought a pair of M590i towers a few years back from a dude in Marietta, GA. for $100. They sound alright but are very very bass shy. I have not hooked them up in a long long time.
 
Bidding is now down to $30.

In all seriousness, if I bid on these, could someone local hold onto them for me until the Pony Express works its miracles?

(It worked out for my NAD 300s which came up on the PE from Philly....)
 
BTW, the 790 are not bass shy, quite the opposite. They sound nothing like the 290/490 they share driver technology with. The 790/990 were bipolar designs using the same drivers, the first affordable bipolars. The 790 were like the 490 but floor standing with a rear facing full range/mid driver. The 990 used the same tweeter with 2 x 290 woofers and the same rear. Warm, loose bass was the order of the day. Fun, yes. Accurate, maybe not. I did not sell many. People who cared about sound would step up to the real M series, those who did not care as much would not chose a speaker that required as much space and care in placement.

Pretty well guaranteed that rear driver will have a rotted out surround, but no big deal to re-foam.
 
m-790-000005.jpg
 
Pretty much as I remember them. The 790 is a lot of fun, fills a room and is certainly worth $50. The woofer is poly with a rubber surround, the rear is a cheap re-foam so as long as the tweeters are not poked in there should not be any big issues. The fact that the cloth is in bad shape is of no consequence and it helps keep the price down!
 
Back
Top Bottom