Theophilus Punoval
The Queen says it's OK...
I think Bill Hickman was the best stunt driver in movie history. He was driving the Charger Steve McQueen was chasing in "Bullitt", and he not only appeared as a bilious Fed (Agent Muldrig) in "The French Connection" but also did the driving in the car/subway sequence.
The "French Connection" chase is legendary for its use of other cars and pedestrians, which stunt drivers call "gags". The lady pushing the stroller said she had no idea of what to do so her expression of fear is genuine.
Aside from "Bullitt" and "The French Connection" Hickman did the car sequences in "The Seven-Ups" as well as other movies. He also taught James Dean how to race and was following him with a trailer for Dean's Porsche cracked up.
This is just an opinion. I don't know why I thought of it - I should have "Terra Incognita" on my scalp.
The "French Connection" chase is legendary for its use of other cars and pedestrians, which stunt drivers call "gags". The lady pushing the stroller said she had no idea of what to do so her expression of fear is genuine.
Aside from "Bullitt" and "The French Connection" Hickman did the car sequences in "The Seven-Ups" as well as other movies. He also taught James Dean how to race and was following him with a trailer for Dean's Porsche cracked up.
This is just an opinion. I don't know why I thought of it - I should have "Terra Incognita" on my scalp.