Just wanted to say a quick hello from Chile, South America. I'm a USA transplant finishing up a work assignment down here, looking to move back some time next month.
While working late one night I started thinking about my LP collection and how I really should buy some new equipment. One thing led to another, and thanks to ebay and a lot of boredom I picked up a Technics SL1500 turntable and a Sansui AU-717 amp (along with some other stuff.)
I bought some new bookshelf speakers so I can start listening right away when I get home, but I really want something a bit larger. I would like to try out some JBL L100's, Pioneer HPM-100's, or something similar. Another thought is to build my own speakers for a similar sound. I mostly listen to classic rock, but I'm trying to get into classical music as well. Any thoughts on speakers would be welcome!
I won't be doing anything until I get back though, just cruising this forum. Thanks for all the help so far!
While working late one night I started thinking about my LP collection and how I really should buy some new equipment. One thing led to another, and thanks to ebay and a lot of boredom I picked up a Technics SL1500 turntable and a Sansui AU-717 amp (along with some other stuff.)
I bought some new bookshelf speakers so I can start listening right away when I get home, but I really want something a bit larger. I would like to try out some JBL L100's, Pioneer HPM-100's, or something similar. Another thought is to build my own speakers for a similar sound. I mostly listen to classic rock, but I'm trying to get into classical music as well. Any thoughts on speakers would be welcome!
I won't be doing anything until I get back though, just cruising this forum. Thanks for all the help so far!