Galloway840
New Member
Hi,
Richard, here a bit South of Nashville. Been here a few years and as live music lovers, we're really enjoying ourselves.
Background is mechanical engineer from Georgia Tech, where, back in the 1990's, I built a pair of Dr. W. Marshall Leach speakers (the ones with the Eminence woofer, Peerless mid and Philips tweeter). These, if you're interested. Audio Lab Loudspeaker Plans
My children, when small, threw small toys into the port, and destroyed the foam in the Peerless mids by poking at them with tinkertoys, lol. So, these speakers sat for the last 20 years unused.
We listened to lots of music, but on substandard devices, such as JBL boxes and such.
Finally, in 2016 or so, I bought some Elac UniFi UB5s. And my old Yamaha receiver started acting up, so I upgraded to a Yamaha R-N602, which was really nice to be able to stream Spotify, NetRadio, etc. in addition to lots of vinyl, CDs, and yes, cassettes from old times.
In 2026, I got my Leaches running again with refoamed mids, and I had EZEE Crossovers build me some modern crossovers. I did the originals, but outsourced to save myself some time and headache.
My upcoming posts, which I hope to put in the right forums, will be about upgrades I want to do, and getting feedback from humans instead of just AI!
Thanks for having me.
Richard
Richard, here a bit South of Nashville. Been here a few years and as live music lovers, we're really enjoying ourselves.
Background is mechanical engineer from Georgia Tech, where, back in the 1990's, I built a pair of Dr. W. Marshall Leach speakers (the ones with the Eminence woofer, Peerless mid and Philips tweeter). These, if you're interested. Audio Lab Loudspeaker Plans
My children, when small, threw small toys into the port, and destroyed the foam in the Peerless mids by poking at them with tinkertoys, lol. So, these speakers sat for the last 20 years unused.
We listened to lots of music, but on substandard devices, such as JBL boxes and such.
Finally, in 2016 or so, I bought some Elac UniFi UB5s. And my old Yamaha receiver started acting up, so I upgraded to a Yamaha R-N602, which was really nice to be able to stream Spotify, NetRadio, etc. in addition to lots of vinyl, CDs, and yes, cassettes from old times.
In 2026, I got my Leaches running again with refoamed mids, and I had EZEE Crossovers build me some modern crossovers. I did the originals, but outsourced to save myself some time and headache.
My upcoming posts, which I hope to put in the right forums, will be about upgrades I want to do, and getting feedback from humans instead of just AI!
Thanks for having me.
Richard