ANoteSupreme
New Member
I'm a new member, but have benefited from reading many threads in the past. Play several instruments and sing, more or less non-professionally, and am a huge fan of most types of music. Audio-wise my main concern is good, accurate sound without spending too much money, but I do value good sound enough to invest significantly. I've bought mostly used gear over the years, and have some old pieces in need of TLC, some of which I hope to get into minor DIY repair of.
Current system:
Front-ends: Rega Planar 3 turntable, Sony DVD/CD player NS725P used as digital transport via coax out to
(recently reinstated) Parasound D/AC 1000 digital-to-analogue converter, TCL 75Q825 television (75 inch UHD) connected to the above DAC via optical digital (TOSLINK S/PDIF) audio output
Phono stage: Pioneer SA-5500II receiver's phono stage, into preamp via tape out
Preamp: NAD 1130 (phono stage blown)
Amp: Bryston 3B
Speakers: 1980s-vintage Dahlquist DQ-10
Especially hoping to revive these pieces that sounded great while they worked:
Subwoofer: Velodyne HGS-18
Preamp: Harman/Kardon Citation 17
Happy listening, and I look forward to sharing thoughts on audio and benefiting from our conversations!
Current system:
Front-ends: Rega Planar 3 turntable, Sony DVD/CD player NS725P used as digital transport via coax out to
(recently reinstated) Parasound D/AC 1000 digital-to-analogue converter, TCL 75Q825 television (75 inch UHD) connected to the above DAC via optical digital (TOSLINK S/PDIF) audio output
Phono stage: Pioneer SA-5500II receiver's phono stage, into preamp via tape out
Preamp: NAD 1130 (phono stage blown)
Amp: Bryston 3B
Speakers: 1980s-vintage Dahlquist DQ-10
Especially hoping to revive these pieces that sounded great while they worked:
Subwoofer: Velodyne HGS-18
Preamp: Harman/Kardon Citation 17
Happy listening, and I look forward to sharing thoughts on audio and benefiting from our conversations!