solargman
New Member
Hi, My name is Guenter and I have been looking for a site that covers vintage audio. This site is fantastic! The knowledge and wisdom here has brought joy to my heart.
This is my first post and just wanted to say hi. I have been into hi-fi since high school. My first system was a Kenwood KR-9600 with Luxman turntable and Sharp cassette deck (years of saving). My problem was speakers. With the massive amount of power the 9600 had, I fried more than one set of speakers.
I was looking for a nice system for my den when I came across this site. The knowledge and help I found here helped me take the plunge into vintage audio again (no HT for my den). I have started with the smaller amps, but the bug has hit me and will start looking for the higher wattage amps soon. I have a 24' x 24' garage that may have to become my listening room so I can keep my wife happy:yes:
Thanks for having me and look forward to hours of exploring what this site has to offer!
This is my first post and just wanted to say hi. I have been into hi-fi since high school. My first system was a Kenwood KR-9600 with Luxman turntable and Sharp cassette deck (years of saving). My problem was speakers. With the massive amount of power the 9600 had, I fried more than one set of speakers.
I was looking for a nice system for my den when I came across this site. The knowledge and help I found here helped me take the plunge into vintage audio again (no HT for my den). I have started with the smaller amps, but the bug has hit me and will start looking for the higher wattage amps soon. I have a 24' x 24' garage that may have to become my listening room so I can keep my wife happy:yes:
Thanks for having me and look forward to hours of exploring what this site has to offer!