Hi! I'm a noobie here and I found this group while looking for info to fix my hubby's receiver.
I've always loved tearing stuff apart, even before I took classes to really fix things right. Now with all this time on my hands, I thought I'd try fixing up some stuff that's been stored away for quite a few years.
All my older stuff is buried in the attic too. But one at a time!
It never ceases to amaze me how the "old" stuff always sounds better than the new.
Right now I'm attempting to work on an MCS 3233 that he bought back in the 70s. I loved the sound on it years ago and I'm hoping to restore it with a little help.
I do know my way around a soldering iron and can read schematics. Just have to get those vo-tech brain cells to reconnect!
Thanks for all the great posts I've already read and those yet to come!
Lynze✌
I've always loved tearing stuff apart, even before I took classes to really fix things right. Now with all this time on my hands, I thought I'd try fixing up some stuff that's been stored away for quite a few years.
All my older stuff is buried in the attic too. But one at a time!
It never ceases to amaze me how the "old" stuff always sounds better than the new.
Right now I'm attempting to work on an MCS 3233 that he bought back in the 70s. I loved the sound on it years ago and I'm hoping to restore it with a little help.
I do know my way around a soldering iron and can read schematics. Just have to get those vo-tech brain cells to reconnect!
Thanks for all the great posts I've already read and those yet to come!
Lynze✌