• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Greetings from the high desert

nd4speed

Active Member
Greetings AKers,
As far as I know, I'm the last audiophile in Northern Nevada...well maybe the second to last as there's a guy selling Pass stuff on Audiogon in Reno, but I digress. :tongue:

Been a loiterer here in these parts for some time, been through an on again, off again affair with Hi-Fi for some time: Akai vintage (inherited), NAD, Adcom, Pioneer (my affair with HT), a few headphone only rigs, and where I'm at now (Leben for speakers and Eddie Current for headphone rig).

Looking to perhaps dip my toe into a second vintage rig, or at least learn more about it.
 
Register to hide this ad
Ahh love the Reno area - been there a number of times for the Air Races. Are they having the races this year, do you know?

By the way - Welcome to AK!
 
abandon-ship1.jpg
 
Ahh love the Reno area - been there a number of times for the Air Races. Are they having the races this year, do you know?

By the way - Welcome to AK!

Thanks Elrod! Yes, I believe they are having them this year, but it's been a very difficult year for them as there were a number of tragic deaths at last year's event. They're a very small operation run by just a few very dedicated people. I have a co-worker used to work with them.
 
Hey there! A fellow Reno (Sparks, actually) dweller here. I may well have bumped into you at some point...

-Jeff Hoyt (jhoyt)
 
Hey there! A fellow Reno (Sparks, actually) dweller here. I may well have bumped into you at some point...

-Jeff Hoyt (jhoyt)

Ah very cool to see another N. Nevadan. Now there are 3 of us! Lol, I keed, I keed.:D I knew I was going to like this place. Beautiful job on those speaker cabs BTW!
Regards,
Jin
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the AK Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

BTW, my parents were married in Reno way back in '61! Never been there myself, but I would love to visit sometime.
 
Greeting to the high desert !! Welcome to AK !!
We have several other members in NV....You are not alone !!....:D
 
Back
Top Bottom