• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Greetings from the UK

Stereotone

New Member
Hi all,
My Hi-Fi hasn’t been getting much use over the past few years and I think the reason is; I just don’t get the same enjoyment listening to CD’s that I used to get from vinyl. So, I'm thinking of finding myself a nice vintage turntable and getting back to enjoying records again. I've done a bit of research and a lot of it has led me to posts on AK, so it seems that many here like the vintage stuff too. Looking forward to learning from you guys.
Cheers
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Petehall347:
Yes, I’m looking to get something fully working.

Hobbit:
Thanks, that does look like a great turntable but I really did fancy something vintage. I’ve taken a liking to the JVC, Sony and Denon Direct Drives from the late 70’s/early 80’s. I realise I may have to be patient to find a good one though.

Oh and guiller; I love Monsieur Hulot.:tresbon:
 
Check gumtree.

There was a really nice vintage JVC going near me recently for little money.
I got a complete Technics separates system, along with a lot of other vintage gear last year from folk who were downsizing.

Most recently I got a Technics SUV60 for £40

It had seen no use for at least a decade, so, bargains to be had.

Dont discount belt drive turntables.
I have had both, and if I`m honest, for home use I actually prefer a good belt drive.
 
Welcome. I'm big on vintage, personally. You buy the right vintage and when you sell it you get MORE than you paid for it.
 
banana_smiley_14.gif

Welcome!
 
Back
Top Bottom