• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Grundig drivers, need enclosure suggestions

The speakers I have came out of a console phonograph that looks almost but not quite like the picture at the bottom. Slight difference was the radio faceplate was ivory colored and the TT was missing :-(.



Rolf, those are way cool. Love that styling. If I could copy those curves I would. Might even try. How do they sound?

I wonder if adding a wizzer cone would extend the highs a bit more :scratch2:

for many of those German drivers, a tweeter (or a whizzer) really aren't needed :no: that being said, some of them had different styles of whizzers from the factory (thanks again german-vintage-loudspeakers !)

another contributing factor to the nice high frequency response is the lack of a dust cap on many of the german drivers . . . eliminates a big chunk of the resonance issues IIRC . . . .

715_img_15.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom