• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Grundig KS 680 U MCM Stereo Console - Looking for More Info

MCM Marvin

New Member
Hi audio frieds - I just bought a vintage Grundig KS 680 U stereo console in near perfect condition - except it has some sound issues. What is this thing - besides being heavy as hell!

I love it and would like to know more about it, what it's worth and sources for parts and tech info. I'm pretty confident tech-wise but don't have a lot of tech equipment any more (especially a tube tester!).

Thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9871.jpg
    IMG_9871.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9870.jpg
    IMG_9870.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9872.jpg
    IMG_9872.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9868.jpg
    IMG_9868.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 56
Register to hide this ad
Hi audio frieds - I just bought a vintage Grundig KS 680 U stereo console in near perfect condition - except it has some sound issues. What is this thing - besides being heavy as hell!

I love it and would like to know more about it, what it's worth and sources for parts and tech info. I'm pretty confident tech-wise but don't have a lot of tech equipment any more (especially a tube tester!).

Thoughts?

It's a really nice tube amplified stereo console that is definietly worth getting back up and running in tip top shape.

@MCM Marvin I see you're relatively new here at AK so just a reminder asking for "worth" in any forum other then Dollars & Sense is frowned upon.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/dollars-and-sense.128/


Interesting to see two of these units pop up in the last couple of weeks.

Here's a thread you might find interesting regarding your console and the amps inside

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/hello-grundig-ks-680-u.841359/
 
It does look rather attractive, it has a decent turntable in it and might sound pretty darn good when all is said and done.
 
It's a really nice tube amplified stereo console that is definietly worth getting back up and running in tip top shape.

@MCM Marvin I see you're relatively new here at AK so just a reminder asking for "worth" in any forum other then Dollars & Sense is frowned upon.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/dollars-and-sense.128/


Interesting to see two of these units pop up in the last couple of weeks.

Here's a thread you might find interesting regarding your console and the amps inside

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/hello-grundig-ks-680-u.841359/

Hey Dswanky - thanks for the info, and my bad for breaking the rules on my second ever post. I'l chat about $^*#% in the dollars and sense forum.

My look on the forums here and on your link is I'm likely to take a stab at fully restoring it as I think it's currently in better shape than any I've seen thus far.
 
Last edited:
That's a nice unit aesthetically pleasing to the eyes and the NF-20 Amp in it is well thought of. Best of luck with the restoration.
 
Back
Top Bottom