bouttree
Member
Horrific Explosion! Many amps burned!!beyond recognition, oh the humanity
Sorry I had to resort to sensationalism to get some help.
I would like to learn about solid state Amps - troubleshooting and repair. I can't locate any books, repair guides or any help to troubleshoot and repair Solid State Guitar amplifiers. I have a B-52 stealth series LG100 that will not put out any volume. Everything looks okay inside the amp . Nothing burned ,broken or loose. wrote to B-52 and they sent me a good schematic and "user" manual,but no Repair manual.I don't know where to begin to start trouble shooting. The Amp worked fine until I took the guts out and cleaned all the pots with contact cleaner. I can't see how cleaning the pots would cause the amp to to stop putting out any high output volume.
Searching on Amazom and other on-line stores all I can find is Tube Amp repair. A few solid state amp guides that don't go any further than "do you have the volume knobs up?" "is the amp plugged in and turned on?" "did you plug the guitar into the amp?" "did you ...hey wait a sec....dang the cord isn't,,, nah just kidding but really I could use some help here, somebody knows where to find the solid state amplifier book I'm looking for. SOS.....SOS.......SOS......SOS......
Thank You for any help or suggestions,
Dennis
Can anyone suggest or know of a repair book for Solid State Guitar amplifiers.
Dennis
Sorry I had to resort to sensationalism to get some help.
I would like to learn about solid state Amps - troubleshooting and repair. I can't locate any books, repair guides or any help to troubleshoot and repair Solid State Guitar amplifiers. I have a B-52 stealth series LG100 that will not put out any volume. Everything looks okay inside the amp . Nothing burned ,broken or loose. wrote to B-52 and they sent me a good schematic and "user" manual,but no Repair manual.I don't know where to begin to start trouble shooting. The Amp worked fine until I took the guts out and cleaned all the pots with contact cleaner. I can't see how cleaning the pots would cause the amp to to stop putting out any high output volume.
Searching on Amazom and other on-line stores all I can find is Tube Amp repair. A few solid state amp guides that don't go any further than "do you have the volume knobs up?" "is the amp plugged in and turned on?" "did you plug the guitar into the amp?" "did you ...hey wait a sec....dang the cord isn't,,, nah just kidding but really I could use some help here, somebody knows where to find the solid state amplifier book I'm looking for. SOS.....SOS.......SOS......SOS......
Thank You for any help or suggestions,
Dennis
Can anyone suggest or know of a repair book for Solid State Guitar amplifiers.
Dennis
Last edited: