• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

H. H. Scott S-15 Speakers...opinions, knowledge?

Scottie, you mentioned jazz sounding good on these speakers.

I play my two favorite jazz albums, "Kind of Blue" by Miles and "Time Out" by Brubeck, and they sound fantastic on my Scotts (s-11's).
 
Fester,

Great choices, classics, absolutely. Been playing Wynton Marsalis and Bill Evans trio stuff here. On the more fusion side, Aja sounds good on these, too. Been playing some Nickel Creek, also.

Pushing the S-15's with a Kenwood KR-4140 that is waiting on new caps, but sounding fine already!

Scottie
 
Hey, just noticed, and whoops...

The schematic I added to post #59 has a typo: C1 is 12uF, not 10uF.

Scottie
 
Well, you asked for opinions, went to see a set of HH Scott S-15 and within 5 seconds of the guy showing them I was impressed with their sound. You are right, speakers that look like this should not sound so good. I am totally pleased with the purchase, a little dab of some speaker glue for pin holes and they are as good as new. Best sound for the dollar. They sound great with the Fisher 400, can't wait to put them on the Scott units.

Can someone tell me when the S-15 were actually made?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
I bought mine new in the summer of '72.
 
Back
Top Bottom