• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

H-K Harmon Kardon Award Series Replacement (FREDS) diodes

buickguy62

Active Member
Hello,
I am in the process of re-capping several Harmon-Kardon Award Series amplifiers, and from what I read, it is a good idea to replace the silicon rectifiers with FREDS. I have A300, A500 and A700 units. The schematics show the following diodes:

A300 Amplifier uses two ZCom 5416, .5 Amp, 500PIV,
A500 Amplifier uses two ZCom 4735, .5 Amp, 500PIV
A700 Amplifier uses two ZCom 5683, .5 Amp, 600PIV

Can someone recommend equivalent FREDS for these applications--seems like any that have the same ratings would work--also, is this a worthwhile upgrade?

In addition, the A700 uses one ZCom 328415, .5 Amp, 300PIV for DC for the filaments. Should it be replaced as well?

Thanks in advance,
Tom
 
Register to hide this ad
At digikey.com, you can use their selector and put in the type, voltage, etc and a selection of those rectifiers meeting your criteria will come up.
 
I like Schottkys better in these amps. Digikey and Parts Connexion have the Cree Schottkys... I used the 2 amp 600v TO-220 case version, in my Award A300, and it sounded FANTASTIC. Highly recommended!

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Back
Top Bottom