• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hammond organ amps as a monoblock?

JUst tried the correct start procedure and no go. I am going to go get some oil and se what happens.
 
Make sure to use only Hammond oil. I think it is basically #15 machine oil. Thicker oil will damage the generator. Hammond oil can be bought in many places online.
 
Like was mentioned, make sure the tone generator isn't bolted down. That will stop it from moving. Also if the tone generator is moving and you aren't getting any sound make sure some of the stops are pulled out. and the pedal is depressed.

Chad
 
Like was mentioned, make sure the tone generator isn't bolted down. That will stop it from moving. Also if the tone generator is moving and you aren't getting any sound make sure some of the stops are pulled out. and the pedal is depressed.

Chad

That's right. Only bolt down the generator when transporting the organ. Unbolt it when you want to use it.
 
Well, Looks like I am going to join the bonehead club. This organ needs about $300 in repairs. I can get many different organs of CL for less and they work. So this one is going to be project. Anyone ever converted one of these to a monoblock amp? Schematics anyone?
Thanks!!!
 
Look under the generator - under the board where the generator is mounted. There are four "bushings" with a nut. You'll see them. They are about 1.25" diameter and brass. Mine had a flatt on one side. Tighten the nuts and that will bolt the generator down. Hope this helps.
 
Just found this site. It has a lot of schematics for he organs.
http://www.captain-foldback.com/Hammond_sub/hammond_schematics.htm

The tech siad there are two problems. One is the tone generator needs an overhaul - it was moved when not locked down - he thinks it was actuall droped. ALos, there is a problem with the smaller 44-1 amp. I could fix taht, but the other is over my head. He showed me some of the damage. It's ugly.
 
Just found this site. It has a lot of schematics for he organs.
http://www.captain-foldback.com/Hammond_sub/hammond_schematics.htm

The tech siad there are two problems. One is the tone generator needs an overhaul - it was moved when not locked down - he thinks it was actuall droped. ALos, there is a problem with the smaller 44-1 amp. I could fix taht, but the other is over my head. He showed me some of the damage. It's ugly.

Ouch. One of the easiest ways to kill a Hammond... Good luck with the conversion to monoblocks! If you're getting rid of some of the other parts in the process, especially stuff like the keys/drawbars/nameplate let me know, I might be interested in getting my hands on some of that stuff....
 
Just found this site. It has a lot of schematics for he organs.
http://www.captain-foldback.com/Hammond_sub/hammond_schematics.htm

The tech siad there are two problems. One is the tone generator needs an overhaul - it was moved when not locked down - he thinks it was actuall droped. ALos, there is a problem with the smaller 44-1 amp. I could fix taht, but the other is over my head. He showed me some of the damage. It's ugly.

Too Bad! :sigh: M-100's are beauties. Procol Harum played one in that classic song "Whiter Shade of Pale". You're not a bonehead if the thing beyond repair. Don't throw anything away, there is quite a market for Hammond parts.
 
Look under the generator - under the board where the generator is mounted. There are four "bushings" with a nut. You'll see them. They are about 1.25" diameter and brass. Mine had a flatt on one side. Tighten the nuts and that will bolt the generator down. Hope this helps.
Yes that does help and will look in the daylight this weekend.
 
If you play keyboard or organ you need to keep the amps mod them and use them for your rack. I promise the sound you will get is worth it, plus it's fun. I run my Nord gear through an AO-43 (the power/reverb amp out of a L-101, Keith Emerson played one in ELP) the sound is GREAT! In fact I am so happy I am currently trying to figure out an AO-44 to run in front of my Leslie 25 booster amp that power's my modified leslie 125, so that I can have the AO-43 for my synth and keys and the AO-44/Leslie 25 for my organ!
 
What type of oil do I need. The tone generator definately sounds "dry" and could use some oil. WHere do you get the oil?

This thing is a beauty, maybe it will just go inside and I'll even take some lessons. Yep, if I can get this working correctly, that is what is going to happen.

Well, Looks like I am going to join the bonehead club. This organ needs about $300 in repairs. I can get many different organs of CL for less and they work. So this one is going to be project. Anyone ever converted one of these to a monoblock amp? Schematics anyone?
Thanks!!!

Man! What a bummer!! You seemed so excited about the prospect of getting it up and running.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it in a different way. Good luck finding another amp, hope you find one soon.

Keep us posted!

Ron
 
Wow! You're right, I guess I was responding to someone who brought up an older thread.

I hope everything is okay for him.

Ron
 
running two push pull parallel 2a3 Hammond monblocs which have been converted-all I can say is.......spectacular!
 
Back
Top Bottom