• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Handel's Messiah on Christmas Day 2018

Register to hide this ad
There was a big discussion of this on NPR the other day. The reviewer commented that it was actually an Easter piece,
but it DOES get pulled out at Christmas and performed by many choral groups as well.
The critic they interviewed discussed the version by the Chorus of St Martins in the Field, conducted by Neville Marriner -
Got me intrigued enough that I ordered a copy (CD) via Amazon ...

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2018/12/21/handel-messiah-christmas-ron-cohen

Handel-Messiah.jpg
 
61RK8Rk6vbL._SX425_.jpg
 
Thanks for the contributions so far. I'll be posting mine wile I'm playing it tomorrow. Last year, I played the Ormandy/Philadelphia vinyl copy, but it's truly terrible. This year, I have a new version to try out.

Merry Christmas all. Back later with my copy of Handel's Messiah.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom