• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hanna EH MC cart for Sony PS X7?

OttOpixel

AK Member
I am still a little fuzzy on compliance and carts and tone arms.

I have done some Googling and searches in this forum but have not found enough to know how to decide if the Hanna EH MC would be a good fit with my Sony.

Yes, it’s listed in BT.

Any education and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Is the cartridge compliance or the tonearm effective mass listed anywhere?

The arm is on the lower end of the typical s-shaped arms due to its carbon fiber arm tube but this just means a medium mass arm.

The Hana info, I didn't search a lot, would probably be a medium compliance cartridge.

I would expect this combination to work just fine.
 
I have the Hana SH on a VPI Prime and it’s almost too light weight at 5 gr but manages to work superb. A Denon DL160 which is a bit lower compliance than the Hana worked perfectly in my Sony PS-X6 and on my VPI so I would have no problem recommending the Hana EH for the Sony PS-X7.
 
I have an AT OC9 moving coil in my PS X7, do not hesitate to use/ acquire an MC. The sound reward is worth it!

In recent thread about the Denon DL 103 I was told that the 103 would not be a good match for the Sony.

I just rechecked the thread and can not see why this should be so. I took them at their word and didn’t ask for clarification.
 
Back
Top Bottom