• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Happy and sad watching Infernal Affairs

Dukiedook

Super Member
Hey guys,

Just had to comment about the movie Infernal Affairs I was watching last night (aka the original Chinese version of The Departed). I know in the American version the Will Hunting character had a decent McIntosh setup but early in the Chinese movie he looks at some sweet assed tube equipment and that made me drool but I saw no horns so that made me slightly sad. I guess they do tubes but not horns in China?
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey guys,

Just had to comment about the movie Infernal Affairs I was watching last night (aka the original Chinese version of The Departed). I know in the American version the Will Hunting character had a decent McIntosh setup but early in the Chinese movie he looks at some sweet assed tube equipment and that made me drool but I saw no horns so that made me slightly sad. I guess they do tubes but not horns in China?

Probably due to relatively tight living quarters
 
Nah, the guy had a decent-sized apartment by city-living standards if I remember right. He was a well paid mole though just like the Will Hunting guy.
 
Infernal affairs was the original ( and in 3 parts) and is listed as the all-time
best HK movie of all time. The Departed was the clone and got the director
his first Oscar.

The scene in IA is actually an audio salon in ApLiu street (as famous in
HK as Fifth Ave is in NYC). they sell audio space line of amps as well as
others. They're very friendly and you can go and sit and listen for hours.

HK folks are really into audio. I've seen Goldmund systems there so it's
not a money issue. There's a Marantz 7 store that re-creates the model.
And several LS3/5A clones.

If you want to sample some great CDs, there's an annual Hong Kong
HighEnd Audio Visual Show that gives away a CD sampler. These
are available on eBay. If you have someone who goes to HK have them
bring back CD's titled "The Perfect Sound xxxx" where xxxx is the year
- mine starts at 2006.

Never saw any horn speakers in HK or China.
 
Back
Top Bottom