• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Happy Birthday bully!

Register to hide this ad
Natal anniversary felications, @bully!

Now, a bit of history, if I may. As I remember it (and memory is a tad hazy at this point), @bully was catalytic in 'recruiting' a cadre of fairly early members to AK way, 'way back when, via other hifi forums*. As I remember it :confused:, I think I may have even gotten an email from him (ca. summer 2002) suggesting that AK might be worth checking out.

Not coincidentally, my own first post to AK was made to ask for information (actually, I guess, a "WTB" post -- the rules were a little different 18 years ago!) on the Philips hard (polycarbonate) dome tweeters used in, e.g., early AVID loudspeakers. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/iso-vintage-philips-dome-tweeter.1490/#post-12275

Much water has gone under the bridge in the ensuing 18 years, but AK is still chuggin' away.
___________________
* Realizing the etiquette of sharing this link might be questionable (or even ill-advised), here's a key example. The natural history of AK is spelled out in this brief post. Some of y'all may not know of the early efforts of "kamakiri" (Tim P.) in getting AK off the ground.
https://db.audioasylum.com/mhtml/m....score&sortOrder=DESC&sortRank=Forum&forum=ALL
 
Back
Top Bottom