• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harbeth Super HL-5 - Best In Show?

HuskySpade

Sharpener
For those that attended the SMAC meet at David Michael Audio.

Who thinks the Harbeth Super HL-5s were the best sounding speakers at the event?

I do.....

I may consider a pair of these when I look to upgrade!! (Somewhere down the line...)

Thanks again to Dave for hosting this months meet. I enjoyed myself and enjoyed meeting all of you.
 
Register to hide this ad
I agree the best I heard all night the Harbeth HL-5s brought the room to life from top to bottom, even if you weren't in the sweet spot.
 
for those of us that were stuck in the sunshine.......
:worthless

shl51.jpg


Feel better?
 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

At David Michael Audio the Harbeth Super HL-5 were for me, best of show also. Their overall presentation was indeed very, very nice. Speaking with David at the SMAC event he shown a strong interest in lighting up the 5s with a pair of my Atma-Sphere OTL's. I too commented that I would love to taste test that combo. So as soon as I can settle things out with my new TT in place I will have the Harbeths and David and friends over for a listen. Wanting to be inclusive rather than exclusive yet, having a small living room, we'll have to keep it to a listening session and not a general SMAC monthly get-ta-gether. One undeniable benefit to a small group will be the ability to focus on the music rather than a myriad of other things. Even with that in mind, let me offer an invite to those of you interested in hearing this combo and vinyl will of course be the source as usual! I should have things up and running by the first of June or so and we'll probably make it a weekend afternoon/evening rather than on a school-nite, so contact me. I'll let everyone interested know in advance... and look forward to the listening.

Happy Listening! :beatnik:
 
I want a pair of those so bad..and I haven't even heard them! I need to find a place in Chicago to hear a pair.

Southeast Michigan...I should have made a road trip!
 
Do you remember the components in the setup?

Been awhile but I think we heard the following integrated amplifiers:

Rega Mira 3
LFD Integrated Zero MkIII
Luxman L505u

Driven by either an EAR Acute and/or Rega Apollo Cd players.

I don't think that a TT was hooked up at this one. If it was, it would have been a Rega P7 - which we've heard at David's a few times in the past.

Jeff
 
Back
Top Bottom