• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

harman kardon 330c vs sansui 661

Hello folks, I am considering buying a vintage receiver from the auction site...

Wanted to know what you folks thought about these two receivers.. They will be powering a pair of epi 120c speakers..

What are the differences between the two.?
 
Register to hide this ad
Both are great and both sound great. A wash to me. I'd take the HK based on personal experiences.
 
have heard sometime when and if sansuis go out they kill your seakers too...not sure if that is true or not...

can you describe characteristics of both receivers please?

what personal experiences lead you to that..?

BTW just about the same price HK is a little cheaper atm...but its on bid so one never knows.
 
There are just too many variables to make a recommendation, why do you want vintage? What do you listen to mainly? What size is your listening area and how is it furnished? If it was me i'd go for the HK if it's made in Japan and produced up to 1990 ;-)
 
Response too late I'm sure, but to me, the HK 330 is one of the best looking vintage receivers out there. They sound great and look great. The 661 sounds great and doesn't quite look so great. Not ugly, but not as nice as the HK.
 
HK kills speakers because it has no relay protection.
Sansui has a relay.
Sansui by a mile.

And those xx1 series are very goods sounding. I have the 771.

But.

Never heard the HK.
 
Maybe it's just me, but I've never killed any speakers because an amp or receiver didn't have a speaker relay. And I mean dozens of different ones. I have had speaker relays fail, although the fix was usually very simple. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, because it is. Your view may vary.
 
Back
Top Bottom